|Initial release||0.1.0 (Sep 2021)|
Orbis is the first zk-rollup L2 solution for Cardano built to support decentralized finance (DeFi) applications and a thriving blockchain ecosystem. Transactions occur off-chain on the Orbis layer 2 and are bundled together into a single zk (zero-knowledge) proof which is submitted on-chain to the Cardano layer 1 and verified. This proof is a zk-SNARK. This proof provides mathematical and unfalsifiable proof that the transactions have happened on Orbis. Similar to Cardano, Orbis is built on an extended UTxO model. Orbis will be developed in a series of iterations, advancing Orbis from a centralized protocol running on a single machine to a distributed protocol with centralized governance, and finally to a decentralized protocol with decentralized governance.
- Arithmetization of Σ¹₁ relations in Halo 2: https://eprint.iacr.org/2022/777
- Orbis Specification Language: a type theory for zk-SNARK programming: https://eprint.iacr.org/2022/1003
- Arithmetization of Σ¹₁ relations with polynomial bounds in Halo 2: https://eprint.iacr.org/2022/1105
- Arithmetization of Functional Program Execution via Interaction Nets in Halo 2: https://eprint.iacr.org/2022/1211
- A summary of the FRI low-degree test: https://eprint.iacr.org/2022/1216